Sepsis is a life-threatening condition that arises when the body’s response to an infection injures its own tissues and organs. Sepsis can kill in hours and is the leading cause of hospital deaths in Canada. We are leading the development of effective new therapies.
Source of image http://immunexpress.com/technology/about-sepsis/
Find out more
- Learn more about the sepsis problem http://immunexpress.com/technology/about-sepsis/
- The surviving sepsis campaign http://www.sccm.org/Research/Quality/Pages/Surviving-Sepsis-Campaign.aspx
- Join us on World Sepsis Day, September 15th
- Find out about our Sepsis Research
- Or visit the website of Intensive Care where many of the HLI’s Clinician Scientists provide care to critically ill patients.